Friday, November 18, 2016

Welcome to the Bunghole

Hello,

My name is George.

I'm an aspiring novelist and full time security guard. I'm here on this blog because my father suggested getting my writing out into the wider world.

Frankly I have no expectation that this blog will ever be read or that I'll make a single penny off of it.

As I work on my novel, this blog will probably become a repository of short pieces that I write in order to recover from the strain of writing a grand and frankly convoluted story arc.

Just as a heads up, if you're expecting an inspiration blog full of sunshine and inane sports stories then you ought to click the back button and get the fuck out of here.

This is probably the place I'm going to go when the world gets to me and I feel like shit. Any short original stories I put up here will likely be morbid, feature graphic violence, strong language and provocative themes.

Consider this first blog post a sort of mature advice warning. Like in old TV movies, this blog is intended for mature audiences, viewer discretion is advised.

Because I just got myself a LinkedIn account and I'm flooded with fucking stupid "inspirational" stories that are anything but, business screeds by child molesting mother fuckers who think that Donald Trump might be a good president or that Donald Trump is a human being and posts by ignorant sacks of shit who are promoting their own private business on the side.

It's a depressing, fucking ugly place full of false cheer and Orwellian catch phrases used to lure in the stupidly optimistic and the weak minded.

To some I probably sound edgy, pretentious and pathetically shallow. Well fuck it, you're right. I am shallow and pretentious. I am an asshole.

This is a kind of place to be the angriest, angstiest parts of myself. Kind of discover my shadow self if you want to use Jungian Parlance.

So read if you like, laugh at me. Enjoy yourself, I honestly mean that.




No comments:

Post a Comment